The Trending Pink Drink to Beat the Heat!
Although the festive season has passed, we still find ourselves in a glorious state of celebration amidst these balmy Summer nights in Perth. What better way to cool down and unwind than with a delicious (cold!) glass of Rosé – yes please! Whether you’re enjoying a bottle poolside or at the beach, Rosé and sunshine go hand in hand. It’s also an incredibly versatile food wine thanks to its fruit-forward flavours and high acidity.
Just to make life that little bit easier for you, we thought we’d share some of our fav Rosés from the Swan Valley and Bickley Valley – you’re welcome 😉
• Jane Brook Estate – Sparkling Rosé – This delicious drop made from Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon is the perfect lunchtime or afternoon bubbles. Hints of cranberries and a nice balanced sweetness, it pairs beautifully with roast meats and tapas! Or just pop a straw in it and you’re all set.
• Mandoon Estate – 2020 Rose – A thirst-quenching number leaving you salivating for more. The nose shows subtle notes of toffee apple that succumb to delicate aromas of juicy raspberry drops and hints of luscious fresh strawberries. Those similar flavours come through on the palate with strawberries and raspberries dominating. It’s vibrant and well balanced, with notable crisp acidity leading to a long and flavoursome finish of baked rhubarb. The perfect accompaniment with your lunch on our daily Swan Valley d’Vine Tour wink wink …
• Lancaster Wines – 2020 Rosé – This bad boy sums up Summer! Made from a blend of estate grown Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro. A delightful strawberry nose with soft tannins. Refreshing, light and crisp – it’s great with or without food. Calling all Rosé Spritz lovers, this one’s for you. **Warning** – this is flying out the door!
• Windy Creek Estate – 2020 Caprice – A flavoursome palate with full spice and strawberry characters, resulting in an attractive pink hue and elegant fruit freshness. A French influenced wine with an elegant dry finish that pairs perfectly with spicy Indian cuisine, grilled prawns and my fav… antipasto! This baby just won a Bronze medal at the Swan Valley Wine Show and is priced at a very attractive $10 per bottle – what are you waiting for!
• Hainault Vineyard – 2020 Rosé – Made from a blend of Semillon and Pinot Noir, this delightful pale, soft red wine shows an array of red berry summer fruit characters on the nose following through on the palate. Finishing soft and dry, and eager to wash down some fresh seafood (preferably on a boat at Rottnest thanks!). Awarded a Silver medal and Trophy at the 2020 Perth Hills Wine Show – enough said.
These delicious drops range from $10 to $30 per bottle and If you are on a tour with d’Vine you may even receive a cheeky discount.
If you’d like to visit any of these wineries mentioned, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’d love to incorporate them into a customised Private Swan Valley Tour, or you can visit a few of them on one of our fabulous Daily Tours!